Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Higher Achievement Scholars on Confidence

Every chance we get, we at Higher Achievement talk about the wonderful changes that we’ve seen in our scholars. For a change, we’ve decided to let you hear about those changes straight from the scholars themselves:

“I feel that Higher Achievement has built up my confidence. When I first jointed, I felt like I wasn’t going to meet anybody. Ever since I joined Higher Achievement, I have good self confidence. I’m not afraid to speak to a crowd. It has also helped my social life. The confidence that I have now cannot be compared at all to the confidence that I had 3 years ago. I love being the leader of my classes. I am the one that is not afraid to speak what’s on my mind. I would have to say that if I never came to Higher Achievement, I wouldn’t be the same person I am today.”

- Reynaldo L., 8th grade scholar

“Higher Achievement helped me with my confidence by showing me that being smart wasn’t something to hide, but something to be proud of. They also helped me with public speaking, by encouraging me to participate in different events like the Literary Love Poetry Competition, Spelling Bee and the Ambassador Competition. Higher Achievement helped me gain two really important qualities, like public speaking and people skills, neither of which I had before starting the program.”

- Greglena S., 8th grade scholar

No comments:

Post a Comment